This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Eco-friendly site one mile from Luxulyan Valley with views of Par Bay
- A 10-minute drive from Eden Project; a short walk from Luxulyan Valley
- On-site green energy and local history displays; pubs and shops nearby
Rainforest biomes and a pretty woodland valley are not far away from The Meadow Barns, three miles from Par in Cornwall. With views over Par Bay, this site is just one mile from Luxulyan Valley (that means you’ll be half an hour’s walk from a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a viaduct and river) and 10 minutes from Eden Project’s huge biomes.
The site itself is rather green-fingered, as it’s a centre for green awareness, history and learning. Landscaped into terraced wildflower banks, there’s a quarter of an acre of meadows around the site with outdoor displays about green energy and local mining history. The buildings also incorporate natural materials such as granite and timber, making up part of an extensive eco-building project.
Between 10am and 5pm, the site’s centre runs day visits for small groups to go on socially distanced storytelling walks, but after these hours, the whole site is available for you to walk around. Handily, there’s a large outdoor classroom that’s sheltered – though be warned, the ground is hard.
Just a two-minute drive away from the A390, it’s easy to get around Cornwall from here. Handily, there are pubs, shops and restaurants in and around Par within five minutes’ drive of the site, so food will never be too far away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Clean and peaceful place, stunning views , friendly host
Would not recommend the site is not a site it's the ladies back garden
From the manager...
This is an inaccurate description on so many levels. It arises from a person who sadly had a horrible journey driving all the way from Leeds for only 2 nights, arrived in drizzle and mist and struggled to put up their tent. I think they then chose to drive to a quite distant fast-food outlet and probably had to queue for ages. But there is a very nice pub only 4 minutes away, by car. And plenty of other options within a couple of miles.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated shower per pitch
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Polgrean Place — 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Four Lords — 2.1 miles
- Train stations
Par Rail Station
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Luxulyan Rail Station — 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Lostwithiel Rail Station — 2.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Bodinnick Ferry Landing — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Fowey Town Quay Ferry Landing — 4.4 miles
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 14.0 miles
Attractions nearby include:
- Luxulyan Valley (woodland walks following leats and horse-drawn tramways through a UNESCO World Heritage Site): half an hour’s walk or five minutes’ drive
- Eden Project (rainforest biomes): 10 minutes
- St Catherine's Castle (16th-century castle ruins): 15 minutes
- Polridmouth Cove (sand and shingle beach): 15 minutes
- Fowey (port town with an art gallery and beaches): 20 minutes
- Porfell Wildlife Park & Sanctuary: 20 minutes
- The Lost Gardens Heligan (historic gardens): half an hour
- Lantic Bay (National Trust cove and coastal path): half an hour.
- Eden Project (2.6 miles)
- Lost Gardens of Heligan (7.8 miles)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (12.4 miles)
- Trerice (14.6 miles)
- Carnewas and Bedruthan Steps (15.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||4:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
The Meadow Barns cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, Wednesday 1 September 2021.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. The Meadow Barns will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Can bookings for The Meadow Barns be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, Wednesday 1 September 2021. Read more
- Does The Meadow Barns have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Meadow Barns dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Meadow Barns? Attractions nearby include: - Luxulyan Valley (woodland walks following leats and horse-drawn tramways through a UNESCO World Heritage Site): half an hour’s walk or five minutes’ drive - Eden Project (rainforest biomes): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Meadow Barns?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.