This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small adults-only site set in the grounds of Albourne Estate vineyard
- A short drive from Brighton's beach and attractions
- Wine tasting and brewery tours available on site
Slightly Nomadic is a quiet adults-only) site, with a chilled and easygoing vibe on a vineyard, and a place to unwind by a campfire looking out onto the lake. You can combine your stay with a wine tour if you want, or just take the chance to sanple some local English wine.
The site has views over the South Downs National Park and plenty of walking and cycling trails running from the grounds.
Facilities include a large hub tent with tables and benches for socialising; Among the amenities are composting toilets and warm water pop-up showers, as well as a washing-up area with washing-up bowls, detergent and tea towels.
Drinks and cake are for sale to guests in the afternoon, and you can order homemade soup to be simmering gently in time for your arrival on Friday night; just let the team know using the 'special requests' section on your booking form. Breakfasts of bread, jam, eggs, bacon and tea and coffee (to be prepared/cooked by you) can also be ordered for the next day.
No vehicles are allowed on site but there's parking close by and wheelbarrows to wheel your gear to your pitch.
Campfires are allowed in designated areas (logs can be purchased on site).
Find nearby sites with availability…
To generate more results:
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Select the checkbox ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Hickstead: A23 Slip Rd Coach Stop
— 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Patcham (Brighton): London Road Coach Stop — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Brighton: Withdean Pk Carden Ave Coach Stop — 5.7 miles
- Train stations
Hassocks Rail Station
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Burgess Hill Rail Station — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Wivelsfield Rail Station — 5.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing — 29.4 miles
29.4 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 29.5 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 7.2 miles
7.2 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 16.0 miles
16.0 miles London Gatwick Airport — 16.1 miles
Follow the signs to the camping area – please don't go to the farmhouse.
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Wine tasting and brewery tours: at the site
- Walking and cycling through the South Downs National Park: from the site
- Nymans (National Trust): 10 miles
- Mountain biking along trails such as Hove to Devil's dyke (50-mile circuit), 8 miles; the South Downs loop from Brighton (23-mile circuit), 11 miles; and Brighton to Seven Sisters (24-mile circuit), 11 miles
- Brighton (with pubs, restaurants, independent shops, amusements, museums, parks and visitor attractions): 11 miles
- Preston Manor (6.6 miles)
- Hove Museum & Art Gallery (6.9 miles)
- Royal Pavilion (8.0 miles)
- Nymans (8.5 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (11.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
There will be signs to the camping area, please do not go to the Farm House. If in doubt, please call the site using the details provided in the booking confirmation email.
Slightly Nomadic cancellation policy
No refunds within 30 days of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Slightly Nomadic will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.