This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly glamping one mile from the Chichester Harbour area
- A 10-minute drive to Chichester; 25 minutes to West Wittering beach
- Two pubs within walking distance; Bosham village, five minutes’ drive
Well, if you’ve been plotting out a break that includes beaches, historic cities and properly scenic walks in areas like the Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty or the South Downs National Park, you’ve hit bullseye. Oakwood Glamping is a truly luxurious and self-catering retreat with facilities like a modern facilities block with a toilet and hot shower and a covered washing-up area.
All that comes with a top-notch location for everything from bike rides and hikes to pub grub and watersports. The site’s local villages, Funtington and West Ashling have two pubs serving delicious eats: they’re a 35-minute and a 20-minute walk away respectively.
There are plenty of museums, gardens, beaches and other attractions across West Sussex and Hampshire, but some of the highlight reel includes mountain biking and hiking in the South Downs National Park’s Kingley Vale (35 minutes’ drive) and lining up with the surfing fanatics at West Wittering beach (25 minutes).
Bosham, a historic village if there ever was one, is a five-minute drive away too. Once lived in by Romans, it’s now a playground for sailing, birdwatching and cycling along the Chichester Harbour. Its bigger sister Chichester is 10 minutes’ drive away and has Roman roads, baths and city walls.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
An excellent place to unwind and relax in glamping comfort.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Precinct — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Precinct — 7.8 miles
- Train stations
Bosham Rail Station
— 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Fishbourne Rail Station — 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Nutbourne Rail Station — 1.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 8.8 miles
— 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Shoreham Brighton City Airport — 24.4 miles
Follow the road down the hill. Just after the first bend in the road, the site is the 'gap in the hedge' on the right-hand side. At the gate on the right-hand side, please press the buzzer or call the site using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation email.
The pretty port city of Portsmouth (25 minutes’ drive) will provide some excellent entertainment. The historic dockyard is the centre of the action. It has a navy museum and a range of impressive historic ships, including the HMS Victory war ship and a Tudor boat.
Other places take a look at different parts of history too. For example, the Weald & Downland Living Museum (15 minutes) has a collection of farmsteads which bring back all the atmosphere of life back between 1300 and 1910.
There’s yet another Roman site nearby too, the Fishbourne Roman Palace (five minutes). This site runs Roman activity workshops based in an excavated Roman villa with old mosaics.
A little of the Edwardian or Victorian times too, perhaps? West Dean Gardens (15 minutes) has features like pergola from the Edwardian era and Victorian glasshouses. So, ogle as much as you want to.
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (2.0 miles)
- Chichester Cathedral (3.0 miles)
- West Dean Gardens (4.5 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (7.2 miles)
- Petworth House and Park (13.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Oakwood Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Oakwood Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Oakwood Glamping? The pretty port city of Portsmouth (25 minutes’ drive) will provide some excellent entertainment. The historic dockyard is the centre of the action. It has a navy museum and a range of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Oakwood Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.