This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on an upland farm in the Howgill Fells
- Handy access from the M6, a five-minute drive from Tebay
- By the River Lune with a beach for paddling; easy access to walks
Low Borrowbridge Farm is a simple and scenic site on a working upland farm in Cumbria, in a handy spot that’s easily accessed from the M6 and about five minutes’ drive from Tebay.
It’s not just the motorway access that makes this location a particularly nifty one for a break – it’s also in a strategic place on the edge of both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales national parks, in a part of the world known as the Howgill Fells.
There are many (many, many) miles of walks to be had out in the national parks, but you don’t have to roam very far to get going on the rural wanders: paths lead straight out onto woodland walks, up into the fells or over to Borrowdale from here. Bit warm upon your return? Take a splash in the River Lune, which runs next to the site and has access via a small pebbly beach area (please make sure kids are supervised).
If it’s not paddling weather, settle down somewhere on site to keep an eye out for local wildlife: otters, red squirrels and rare pearl-bordered butterflies can often be spotted around the farm.
Facilities at this family-oriented site include portaloos and sinks, plus drinking water from a bowser. Food can be acquired at the pub, café and farm shop two miles away in Tebay.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful Site with fantastic views & lovely river
Excellent site. Brilliant location
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Small (11-25 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Kendal Bus Station
— 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Kirkby Stephen: Market Square Coach Stop — 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 12.4 miles
- Train stations
Kendal Rail Station
— 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Oxenholme Lake District Rail Station — 8.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Bowness on Windermere Ferry Terminal
— 13.4 miles
13.4 miles Bowness Ferry Nab Ferry Landing — 13.8 miles
13.8 miles Brockhole Ferry Landing — 14.0 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 47.6 miles
Attractions and activities include:
- Orton Scar (limestone landscape walks and café): 10 minutes’ drive
- Borrowdale: 15 minutes
- Kendal (museums, castle, shops): 20 minutes
- Lakeland Maze Farm Park: 25 minutes
- Windermere: half an hour
- Hawkshead Brewery: half an hour
- Cautley Spout waterfall: half an hour
- Levens Hall: 35 minutes
- Ingleton Waterfalls Trail: 40 minutes.
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (10.8 miles)
- Levens Hall & Gardens (12.3 miles)
- The World of Beatrix Potter (13.2 miles)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (10.8 miles)
- Townend (12.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Low Borrowbridge Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Low Borrowbridge Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Low Borrowbridge Farm? Attractions and activities include: - Orton Scar (limestone landscape walks and café): 10 minutes’ drive - Borrowdale: 15 minutes - Kendal (museums, castle, shops): 20 minutes - Lakeland Maze Farm Park: 25 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Low Borrowbridge Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.