This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Low Wray Campsite is situated on the quiet western shore of Windermere. Watch the sun rise over the lake and enjoy the magnificent fell views, and there are abundant opportunities for gentle walks, great off-road biking and non-powered water sports all from the campsite grounds. Leave the car behind and explore the area on foot, by bike or by boat.
The shop and reception have been re-located to the centre of the campsite, providing a more spacious shopping area with a greater range of goods on offer and a local information point. Campers should follow the signs to reception on arrival.
Our toilet and shower blocks have been completely refurbished over the winter.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street
— 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Grasmere Coach Stop — 4.2 miles
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Staveley Rail Station — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 8.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Brockhole Ferry Landing
— 0.8 miles
0.8 miles Ambleside Waterhead Ferry Landing — 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Bowness on Windermere Ferry Terminal — 3.1 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 62.2 miles
Two great Lakeland pubs lie within a two mile radius of the site providing excellent pub food. Ambleside and Hawkshead are just a few minutes drive away.Hill Top and the Beatrix Potter Gallery (both National Trust) are also a short drive or an excellent walk away. Low Wray is close to all central Lakes attractions including several National Trust Houses and Gardens.
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre (0.9 miles)
- Beatrix Potter Gallery (2.3 miles)
- The World of Beatrix Potter (3.1 miles)
- Townend (2.1 miles)
- Windermere and Troutbeck (2.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Low Wray Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Low Wray Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Low Wray Campsite? Two great Lakeland pubs lie within a two mile radius of the site providing excellent pub food. Ambleside and Hawkshead are just a few minutes drive away.Hill Top and the Beatrix Potter … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Low Wray Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.