Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Pop-up wild camping site in the grounds of Stretton House
- A 10-minute drive from Pickmere Lake; and 20 minutes from Manley Mere
- Honesty shop on site; farm shop nearby; barbecues and firepits allowed
When it comes to wild camping with farm shops, ice cream farms and walking or cycling trails nearby, Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite is certainly in the running. This pop-up site is in the grounds of the 400-year-old Stretton House surrounded by the Cheshire countryside with handy transport links nearby and outdoor activities in no short supply… that includes things like alpaca walking, golf or Manley Mere’s watersports haven (a 20-minute drive away for the latter).
You’ll have your pick of two fields, both with car parking by the pitch free of charge and dogs allowed. This is really a wild camping site, as there are basic facilities including toilets, a water standpipe and an honesty shop. You’ll have permission to start up a barbecue or firepit too (subject to the correct safety measures).
When you’re ready to get going, the friendly owners will be willing to help out however possible and suggest possible days out, which may include fishing or walking at Pickmere Lake (10 minutes’ drive), visiting a local ice cream farm (within 10 minutes’ drive of the site) or going to the local golf course (five minutes’ drive).
In the way of food, there’s a farm shop just two minutes’ walk away from the site where you’ll be able to get your hands on local produce. Pubs aren’t far away either – there are two within 15 minutes’ walk of the site.
Open from 27/05/2022 to 31/05/2022
Open from 05/08/2022 to 03/10/2022
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
If reception is closed on arrival: please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Minimum spacing of 10 metres between pitches.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Check availability at Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch
Max. persons: 8 x
One Tent or Trailer tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 15.0m width x 15.0m depth (49.2ft width x 49.2ft depth) Calculated area: 225.0m² (2421.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
such kind owners. great, clean campsite, port-a-loos were as clean …
Paul was lovely very friendly. Also kindly let us use the printer
Was very open and a lot of room to have …
Great place and a great host
Friendly staff level pitches
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Scotland Road Alighting Only
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Bus Interchange — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Bus Interchange — 4.5 miles
- Train stations
Runcorn East Rail Station
— 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Warrington Bank Quay Rail Station — 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Acton Bridge Rail Station — 4.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 18.6 miles
18.6 miles Liverpool Isle of Man & Dublin Terminal — 18.7 miles
18.7 miles Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 19.0 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 12.0 miles
12.0 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 2 — 12.1 miles
12.1 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 12.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Creamfields Festival site: five minutes’ drive
- Tatton Park (historic estate with a Tudor old hall and a neoclassical mansion): 20 minutes
- Manley Mere (a lake with watersports, an aqua park and wild swimming): 20 minutes
- Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village (shopping): 20 minutes
- The Trafford Centre (indoor shopping centre and leisure complex with a cinema): 25 minutes
- Delamere Forest (trails and activities including Go Ape): 25 minutes
- Dino Falls Adventure Golf: 25 minutes
- The Crocky Trail (playground): half an hour
- Chill Factore (indoor skiing and snowboarding): half an hour
- Science and Industry Museum: half an hour
- New Brighton (seaside resort): 40 minutes
- Horseshoe Falls (canal walk and swimming): 55 minutes.
- Arley Hall & Gardens (3.1 miles)
- Anderton Boat Lift - Lift Trips (5.0 miles)
- Gulliver's World Resort (5.8 miles)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (12.8 miles)
- Nether Alderley Mill (13.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Creamfields Festival site: five minutes’ drive - Tatton Park (historic estate with a Tudor old hall and a neoclassical mansion): 20 minutes - Manley Mere (a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Stretton House Popup Wild Campsite? From £30 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability