This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning sociable park in a valley next to the River Wharfe
- A 15-minute drive to Wetherby, 20 to Harrogate and 30 to Leeds
- Dayroom with a reading lounge and snooker table; pub serving food
If your travels usually revolve around seeking out good food, you'll likely do well at award-winning Maustin Park in west Yorkshire’s Lower Wharfe Valley, home of the excellent on-site Stables Bar and Restaurant. For not only does it have a full menu of homemade food cooked from locally sourced ingredients, the owners reckon the desserts are legendary throughout the local area; it might be worth booking a stay on this basis alone…
The bar is open from Wednesday through to Sunday; Sunday lunch and fish ‘n’ chip Fridays are particularly raved about and can be chased by a tipple from the selections of local ales, wines and flavoured gins while swapping travel tips with other guests in this social hub.
Tend to feel sleepy after strenuous stints of indulgence? Snooze everything off while surrounded by the park’s peaceful greenery or in the reading lounge; alternatively, you can get a game in on the bowling green, start up a snooker match in the dayroom or head for a wander beside the River Wharfe (minutes away on foot). Fishing can be had on the water and birds can be spotted in the trees during your walk: the park makes a great base for a twitching hol as species including rare red kites are often seen around the region.
More of a browser than a birdwatcher? Maustin Park’s in the middle of the Yorkshire triangle of Harrogate, Leeds and York (20, 30 minutes and 45 minutes’ drive away respectively). Wetherby’s 15 minutes away and holds a town market every Thursday.
Handy amenities on site include toilets, showers, a washing-up area and a laundry room plus waste disposal and water taps.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 27/01/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Quiet site in countryside. Good location to visit Harewood House, …
Excellent site, very clean and well looked after
Lovely site with 6 touring pitches which are fully serviced.
Well worth a stay but kids might get bored
5* site will definitely return.
5 star place !!!
Great little campsite. Would like to come back
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Harewood House Coach Stop
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Weeton (N Yorks): Rail Station Bus Stop — 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Wetherby Bus Station — 4.5 miles
- Train stations
Pannal Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Weeton Rail Station — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Hornbeam Park Rail Station — 4.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 47.4 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 7.5 miles
Once you’ve ticked off trips to the independent shops of Harrogate, the Jorvik Viking Centre in York and the Royal Armouries houses in Leeds, it’s easy to get deep into the countryside as it's about a 30-minute drive to the Yorkshire Dales National Park in one direction and 50 to the North York Moors National Park in another.
To blend a bit of history into days out in scenic surrounds, well-preserved old manors with pristine gardens are all around, including Harewood House (10 minutes’ drive) and Ripley Castle (30 minutes).
Soap opera fan? A visit to Harewood’s estate is also your chance to tour the studios and setting of Emmerdale (just make sure to book in advance). If you're in the company of nippers, they may instead prefer to be taken to the treetop trails, enchanted forest and adventure playgrounds at Stockeld Park (10 minutes).
- Harewood House (2.1 miles)
- RHS Garden Harlow Carr (5.5 miles)
- The Henry Moore Institute (8.4 miles)
- Beningbrough Hall and Gardens (13.6 miles)
- Brimham Rocks (13.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Maustin Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Maustin Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Maustin Park? Once you’ve ticked off trips to the independent shops of Harrogate, the Jorvik Viking Centre in York and the Royal Armouries houses in Leeds, it’s easy to get deep into the countryside … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Maustin Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.