This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious pitches behind a family-run pub in the village of Cawood
- Around half an hour's drive from York and Leeds
- Dog-friendly pub with log fires, guest ales and home-cooked food
Darts, dominoes, log fires, guest ales, tasty food… sound like the kind of classic country pub you could while away a good few hours in? Then you’ll be among like-minded locals at The Castle Inn, a cracking pub in the North Yorkshire village of Cawood around 10 minutes' drive from Selby.
And it’s not just friendly locals guests will meet here: a warm welcome will also be had from the staff at this family-run pub, whether you’re just dropping in for a pint or settling in for a meal from the ever-changing menu of seasonal dishes. That coveted spot in front of the fire is just crying out to be occupied by a dozing dog, so feel free to bring a hound along with you too.
Once you’ve fed, watered and trounced the other half at darts, it’s a short toddle back to the peaceful pitches, all with plenty of room in which to spread out all kit for a comfy stay. No need to trawl back to the pub if you need the the essentials either – an accessible toilet and shower block is at the pitching area, along with electric hook-ups and facilities to deal with rubbish and chemical disposal.
And what of the hours before it’s time to hit the pub? Well, you might like to take a wander along the banks of the Ouse, which flows through the village, take day trips to York or Leeds or flex that credit card at one of the nearby shopping centres (fret not, there's a drink waiting when you’re done).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Nothing open run down.
Going back on the 10:11:23
Great small site
Very disappointing. Not worth the money
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Bus Station Stand 1
— 6.7 miles
Rail Station Stop J — 8.9 miles
Rail Station Stop C — 8.9 miles
- Train stations
Ulleskelf Rail Station
— 4.0 miles
Selby Rail Station — 4.1 miles
Church Fenton Rail Station — 4.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 35.4 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 22.0 miles
Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 24.3 miles
Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 24.6 miles
A country pub this may be, but it’s one that’s most handily placed for urban outings. Head west for half an hour and you’ll hit the shops, theatres and sports venues of Leeds; take roughly the same length of journey north to get to York for visits to the minster, the Jorvik Viking Centre and the Yorkshire Railway Museum.
Dedicated followers of fashion will no doubt want to hone their skills at York Designer Outlet, Monks Cross or the Vangarde shopping park, all of which are within a half-hour drive. Kids with less enthusiasm for such pursuits (and grownups, for that matter) may well prefer the offerings of the Summit, 10 minutes away in Selby: climbing, bowling and a huge three-storey adventure playground are among the attractions at this indoor activity centre.
Diggerland theme park and the Xscape indoor snow centre are both less than half an hour away for those seeking more activity; quieter times can be had at Stillingfleet Lodge Gardens (10 minutes) or a stroll around Skipwith Common National Nature Reserve (20 minutes).
- York Racecourse (7.8 miles)
- Lotherton Hall & Gardens (8.0 miles)
- Clifford's Tower (8.8 miles)
- Goddards Garden (7.6 miles)
- Treasurer's House (9.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Castle Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Castle Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Castle Inn? A country pub this may be, but it’s one that’s most handily placed for urban outings. Head west for half an hour and you’ll hit the shops, theatres and sports venues of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Castle Inn?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
Please check-in at the pub to be allocated a pitch.Read more