This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Spital Farm is a well-equipped yet small and tranquil
camping site for tents, motorhomes and caravans. We have a special, well drained and level area which is reserved for tents. It is as camping used to be with children free to play and entertain themselves in the open fields where they can be clearly seen, leaving parents to relax themselves, knowing they are safe.
It offers easy access to not only Scarborough and the fantastic
beaches of the East Yorkshire coast, but is a stone’s throw away
from the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors meaning you can be
free to explore the area at your leisure. Can be busy during peak times.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Fully serviced pitches
Motorhome service point
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Dogs allowed low season only
Horse riding nearby
Surf school nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
Seamer: Roundabout Bus Stop — 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Cayton Bay: Haven Holiday Park Coach Stop — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Sherburn (N Yorks): Bus Stop — 4.4 miles
- Train stations
Seamer Rail Station — 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Hunmanby Rail Station — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Scarborough Rail Station — 5.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal — 32.3 miles
Humberside Airport — 42.9 miles
• Newly built facility: On site 16th Century Public House with Carvery & Restaurant with open fires - back to the good old days! Complete with indoor Children's Pickwick Room and patio area overlooking and enclosed adventure play area
• All Pitches: grassy, level, well-drained and maintained, site illuminated nightly
• Special events: all rallies catered for
• Washing up area: hot and cold water available
• Motorhome service points are available!
• Ladies & Gents Shower/Toilet Block: with wash basins, hair drying facilities & shaving points
• Car parking: available
• Electricity: hook-ups/full motor home service point
• Waste: Elsan chemical toilet disposal and bin area for general refuse
• Drinking water: available at several different points around the site
• Barbecues: Must be kept away from all units and treated with the utmost safety. No open camp fires
• Nearby takeaways: Chinese, Indian and Italian delivery available
• Pets: Dogs welcome but must be on lead at all times and exercised off property
• Railway stations: Seamer Station (3 miles); Hummanby Station (5 miles); Scarborough station (6 miles)
• At your leisure: Bus stop at the campsite entrance if you do not wish to take your vehicle out: Services to York, Scarborough, Filey & surrounding area.
• Local walks/sites of interest: Filey beach and Scarborough (20 mins by car), Bridlington (20 mins by car), easy access to North Yorkshire Moors
• Rates: contact us for current prices
• Booking advisable during peak times and special events. All deposits are none refundable or transferable unless at the site owners discression.
- Burton Agnes Hall (11.2 miles)
- Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (11.5 miles)
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway (14.3 miles)
- Bridestones, Crosscliff and Blakey Topping (11.0 miles)
- Yorkshire Coast (14.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.