This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- No-frills camping on a peaceful site near Howden
- A 40-minute drive to York; an hour to the beach at Bridlington
- Lakeside pitches with easy access from Junction 36 of the M62
Families keen to explore the sights of Yorkshire are welcome (and their well-behaved dogs too) at Westfield Lakes, on the outskirts of Howden near Goole. Waterfowl nest round the lake in peaceful landscaped grounds, with rare songbirds often spotted on feeders across the site, so chances are you’ll wake up to the sound of birdsong among the trees…
If you’re a bit of a birdwatching fan, there's plenty to spot here – look out for mallards, swans, coots, lapwings and oystercatchers around the lake, and woodpeckers, tits and finches on the feeders. For a bit more birding action, head to RSPB Blacktoft Sands Nature Reserve on the Humber Estuary to (hopefully) spot wading birds and raptors.
Thanks to the site’s East Yorkshire location five minutes from Junction 36 of the M62, you can whisk the kids off on Viking adventures in York or be at Hull’s excellent aquarium in 40 minutes. Yomps in the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the beach at Bridlington are all within an hour’s drive.
At the weekend an added bonus is being able to watch jetskiers trying out new stunts on the lake. No-fuss facilities include parking by pitches, shower blocks and electrical hook ups (for a small charge). Bring your own barbecue to get grilling by the pitch, or toddle off along the River Ouse to pubs in Airmyn or Hook for a pint of local beer and comfort food. It’s only 10 minutes’ drive to supermarkets in Goole or Howden, both also handy places for picking up takeaway fish and chips, curry and pizza.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent view, very welcoming staff. Lots of ground.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Goole Airmyn Road
— 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Bus Station — 13.1 miles
13.1 miles A15 Humber Bridge Rd — 17.3 miles
- Train stations
Goole Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Saltmarshe Rail Station — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Howden Rail Station — 3.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 24.7 miles
Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
— 17.2 miles
17.2 miles Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 17.6 miles
17.6 miles Humberside Airport — 23.7 miles
When you’re holidaying with kids, top of your list should be The Deep (40 minutes’ drive) in Hull, so they can see aquariums full of rays and join in feeding sessions with reef sharks. The all-immersive (those medieval smells) Jorvik Viking Centre (40 minutes) in York is another top spot for youngsters, as is Eureka! The National Children’s Museum (an hour) in Halifax.
A day paddling on Yorkshire coast beaches is also a good bet for families. Filey is the closest (an hour) with plenty of opportunities for mini golf or splashing around on boating lakes. On the way back to base, stop off for a bracing stroll in the Howardian Hills AONB (55 minutes) or check out the Gothic minster in Beverley (40 minutes).
Further afield, go west to the Yorkshire Dales for canal trips from Skipton (an hour and a half). Root out cosy pubs in pretty riverside villages like Appletreewick (an hour and a half), or devour posh afternoon teas in the spa town Harrogate (an hour).
- Air Museum (14.4 miles)
- Far Ings National Nature Reserve (16.6 miles)
- York Racecourse (17.5 miles)
- Goddards Garden (17.7 miles)
- Treasurer's House (18.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Westfield Lakes be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 17/09/2021. Read more
- Does Westfield Lakes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Westfield Lakes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Westfield Lakes? When you’re holidaying with kids, top of your list should be The Deep (40 minutes’ drive) in Hull, so they can see aquariums full of rays and join in feeding sessions with … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Westfield Lakes?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.