Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Quiet Norfolk site on the edge of The Broads National Park
- A mile from South Walsham and 15 minutes' drive from Norwich
- Spacious pitches overlooking open countryside and a 15th-century house
Chamery Camsite is set on the edge of The Broads National Park in rural Norfolk, a mile from the centre of South Walsham. This quiet camping meadow adjoins a gorgeous 15th-century house, Chamery Hall, and overlooks open countryside and farmland. There are strict limits on the number of tents allowed here, meaning you're sure of plenty of space and privacy.
The site has simple facilities like portable toilets and showers, plus generously-sized grounds (including a large orchard) that you're free to explore. There are also three firepits about 30 metres away from the main camping area that you're welcome to use, subject to a few sensible safety conditions.
A short walk or drive away from base, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden (a mile from site) is a splendidly scenic place to relax; it also allows guests the possibility of exploring neighbouring waterways on its boat trips, which leave the gardens daily in high season. You could also head to Wroxham (10 minutes' drive) and hire your own vessel or make tracks towards other Broads attractions like the scenic ruins of St. Benet's Abbey (25 minutes).
Chamery Campsite is also within easy reach of Norwich city centre (15 minutes), the sandy beaches at Winterton-on-Sea (25 minutes) or family-friendly attractions like Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach (25 minutes).
Open from 10/07/2021 to 05/09/2021
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Minimum spacing of 10 metres between pitches.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Meadow non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
Acle (Norfolk): Kings Head Coach Stop.
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Norwich Bus Station — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Eaton (Norwich): Newmarket Road Coach Stop — 9.1 miles
- Train stations
Lingwood Rail Station
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Acle Rail Station — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Brundall Rail Station — 3.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North
— 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Reedham Ferry South — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 25.1 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 8.6 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden: five minutes' drive
- Wroxham: 10 minutes
- Norwich Cathedral: 15 minutes
- Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum: 15 minutes
- Bridewell Museum: 20 minutes
- BeWILDerwood Norfolk (adventure park): 15 minutes
- Wind Energy Museum: 15 minutes
- Winterton-on-Sea: 25 minutes
- St. Benet's Abbey: 25 minutes
- Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: 25 minutes
- BeWILDerwood (3.5 miles)
- Norwich Cathedral (7.9 miles)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (8.0 miles)
- Horsey Windpump (8.9 miles)
- Elizabethan House Museum (10.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12:30 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Chamery Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Chamery Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Chamery Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chamery Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chamery Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden: five minutes' drive - Wroxham: 10 minutes - Norwich Cathedral: 15 minutes - Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum: 15 minutes - Bridewell … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Chamery Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Chamery Campsite? From £20 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability