This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Private and secure 230-acre site made up of well-maintained grassland
- Off the A1 and A14, 15 minutes’ drive from Peterborough and Stamford
- Dog- and family-friendly; 10 minutes from Ferry Meadows in Nene Park
East of England Showground is opening up its grounds to give guests a wild camping experience in Cambridgeshire on 230 acres of well-maintained grassland intersected by roadways. Visitor numbers are kept low at this family-friendly spot for a private and secure feel.
There’s plenty of room for the kids to play sports and the grownups to go for walks on site, plus it’s just 10 minutes’ drive from Ferry Meadows in Nene Park for more outdoor antics. The A1 and A14 are easy to access by car – grand if you’re heading to nearby Stamford or the cathedral city of Peterborough (both 15 minutes). For urban explores a touch further away, Cambridge takes 50 minutes to reach.
Rather seek out things to do closer by? This park in Alwalton is a five-minute drive from paintballing and a golf course.
Dogs are allowed on site, so feel free to bring Fido, and an Elsan point is available to use. Please note that the park does not have toilets or showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Peterborough: District Hospital Coach Stop
— 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Peterborough: Queensgate Bus Station — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Tansor: Peterborough Road Crossroads Coach Stop — 5.8 miles
- Train stations
Peterborough Rail Station
— 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Whittlesea Rail Station — 8.5 miles
8.5 miles Stamford Rail Station — 9.9 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 33.2 miles
— 31.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Orton Meadows Golf Course: five minutes
- Alamo Paintball: five minutes
- Thorpe Wood (golf): 10 minutes
- Ferry Meadows in Nene Park: 10 minutes
- Elton Hall and Gardens: 10 minutes
- Peterborough: 15 minutes
- Flag Fen Archaeology Park: 20 minutes
- Fotheringay Castle: 20 minutes
- Burghley House: half an hour
- Rutland Water: half an hour
- Cambridge: 50 minutes.
- Peterborough Cathedral (3.9 miles)
- Burghley House (8.8 miles)
- Barnsdale Gardens (17.0 miles)
- Lyveden New Bield (11.6 miles)
- Houghton Mill (16.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
East of England Showground cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. East of England Showground will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMasterCard
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does East of England Showground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is East of England Showground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near East of England Showground? Local attractions and activities include: - Orton Meadows Golf Course: five minutes - Alamo Paintball: five minutes - Thorpe Wood (golf): 10 minutes - Ferry Meadows in Nene Park: 10 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of East of England Showground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.