This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to basics site five minutes' drive from Kinver
- West Midland Safari Park and Go Ape within a 20-minute drive
- Good dog walking nearby; food pub less than 10 minutes' walk away
A slice of the simple life in rural Staffordshire? Splendid. Make your way to Whittington Campsite, a back toba sics site five minutes’ drive from Kinver.
If you’re aiming to keep things pretty straightforward, you’ll be off to a good start with easy access from the A449, the main road that runs from Kidderminster to Wolverhampton. That road’s likely to be mighty handy throughout your stay, too – it’s a gateway to the area’s various attractions (which might include games of mini golf, walks on Kinver Edge or outings to West Midland Safari Park).
And, just as importantly, that road is home to a cosy food pub a few minutes’ amble away (no need for a designated driver – excellent). If you fancy foraging further, there’s a couple of restaurants, a tea room and more pubs in Kinver, plus a small supermarket five minutes’ drive away in Cookley.
Things are all quite simple on the facilities front, too: the large pitches field has access to a portaloo, fresh water supply and a waste water facility, but the rest has been left clear to allow a good chunk of space for everyone to spread out, have barbecues and/or play games of football as desired.
Furry family member wagging a hopeful tail at the idea of all that space? Pat them on the head and tell them they’re most welcome – there’s plenty of space for them to scamper about and some good walks nearby too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
Dudley Bus Station
— 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Bearwood Interchange — 10.5 miles
10.5 miles Bearwood Interchange — 10.5 miles
- Train stations
Blakedown Rail Station
— 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Hagley Rail Station — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Stourbridge Town Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 50.6 miles
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 20.3 miles
20.3 miles Birmingham International Airport — 20.3 miles
20.3 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 20.3 miles
Kinver’s not a big village, but it’s home to a very fine attraction in the Kinver Edge rock houses (five minutes’ drive), where a huge sandstone cliff and fort tower over the cave homes carved into the rocks. There are also some splendid heathland trails to tramp along, and in the summer hols there’s often a range of activities for kids (crafts, den building, bug spotting and other vital outdoorsy skills…).
Carry on the alfresco activity by tackling the range of obstacles at the 18-hole miniature golf course at Mini Pro Golf Parks in Wolverley (five minutes), or taking off to the Wyre Forest (20 minutes) for walks or adventurous rides through the treetops at the Go Ape park.
You might also like to set out on safari to see some big beasts roaming the plains of the West Midland Safari Park (20 minutes); if you’ve got the kind of weather that’ll keep them under cover, head instead to the National Sea Life Centre in Birmingham (40 minutes) to walk under water at the 360-degree ocean tunnel.
- Dudley Zoological Gardens (7.6 miles)
- Black Country Living Museum (8.2 miles)
- Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings (10.3 miles)
- Kinver Edge and the Rock Houses (1.5 miles)
- Rosedene (7.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Whittington Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Whittington Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Whittington Campsite? Kinver’s not a big village, but it’s home to a very fine attraction in the Kinver Edge rock houses (five minutes’ drive), where a huge sandstone cliff and fort tower over the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Whittington Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.