This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Enjoy a break in the Shropshire countryside. Leighton Meadow Camping is a basic but very beautiful campsite located on the foothill of Wrekin.
Take a relaxing holiday in rural England, just a short way from the historic towns of Ironbridge and Shrewsbury.
Shropshire Way foothpath pass by the campsite, perfect to enjoy an early walk.
We welcome dogs. Please note, we have no shower and toilet facilities on site.
- Ironbridge Gorge and Museums - 5 minutes
- Wroxeter Roman City - 5 minutes
- Much Wenlock - 10 minutes
- Shrewsbury Medieval Town - 15 minutes
- Attingham Park - 25 minutes
- Ludlow - foodie heaven and medieval town - 30 minutes
- Stokeshay Castle and Powys Castle - 50 minutes
- Darby Houses (Ironbridge) (1.4 miles)
- Blists Hill Victorian Town (1.6 miles)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums (2.1 miles)
- Sunnycroft (2.9 miles)
- Attingham Park (6.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Up and Over the Wrekin (1.9 miles)
- Ironbridge - Buildwas Abbey - Benthall Hall - Ironbridge (2.0 miles)
- Ironbridge Gorge (3.0 miles)
Show me reviews by:
Overall rating based on 2 reviews
100% would recommend this site to a friend.
100% would stay here again.
|Sorted by stay date (latest first).|
Basic camping, just a field behind the owners house with a nice view. 19 Aug 2013
edwardvenison (Young couple, 1 review) Confirmed
Alas, no reviews for your selected filters. But reviews are brilliant - they help thousands of other people to find the right holiday. Be bold, be the first to review this site. It only takes a minute.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Ordnance Survey maps (GB and Northern Ireland only) are available at lower levels via the drop-down menu.
- Coach stations
Telford: Town Centre Bus Station — 3.5mi
Shrewsbury: Bus Station Raven Meadows — 10.5mi
Ford (Shrops): A458 Coach Stop — 15.0mi
- Train stations
Wellington (Shropshire) Rail Station — 3.4mi
Telford Central Rail Station — 4.0mi
Oakengates Rail Station — 4.1mi
- Ferry ports
- Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 55.2mi
- Birmingham International Airport — 36.1mi
From the M54 exit junction 7 and head towards Little Wenlock. As you enter village turn sharp right down Spout Lane. Continue for about 3/4 of a mile up to our entrance. Come by the house.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Payment of balance
Payment on arrival.
Cheques accepted only when presented with valid bank card.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash