Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Family-friendly site on the border of the Lower Lugg Valley
- A 35-minute drive from Hereford and Hay-on-Wye; footpaths nearby
- Barbecues and firepits permitted; two pubs within walking distance
Lower yourself into the Lower Lugg Valley… from Apple Tree Camping, you’ll be able to submerge yourself in the handsome Herefordshire countryside, as this back to basics site has family-friendly and pet-friendly pitches placed in a vintage orchard with the river Lugg close by and public footpaths veering off in different directions from the site.
As well as your walking gear, you may want to bring along your dog to get out onto the trails. Happily, the site accepts pets so that the whole family can come along. There are simple facilities, just portaloos, but barbecues and campfires also have the green light here, so you’ll be able to get in some real quality time with rural surroundings.
In case you were already wondering about those friendly holes that are good to have nearby, the site is just outside the village of Kingsland, where there are two local pubs within 15 minutes’ walk of the site.
Of course, Leominster (10 minutes’ drive away) has plenty more restaurants and pubs, as it’s a market town. This is where you’ll find several supermarkets too, so that you can get ahead of the shopping list before you arrive or simply call in there while you’re moving about the countryside and its attractions.
Open from 21/07/2022 to 19/09/2022
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Nice area, friendly owner, clean toilet.
Grass was level, was a quiet place, surrounded by trees, …
Nice little orchard (wild campingish) site.
From the manager...
Thank you so much for the lovely review, we all look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Country Bus Station
— 14.4 miles
14.4 miles Telephone Exchange — 21.8 miles
21.8 miles Market House — 22.4 miles
- Train stations
Leominster Rail Station
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Ludlow Rail Station — 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Bucknell Rail Station — 9.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 39.3 miles
— 37.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Leominster (market town): 10 minutes’ drive
- Croft Castle and Parkland (National Trust historic castle surrounded by woodland trails): 10 minutes
- Ludlow (market town): 10 minutes
- Berrington Hall (National Trust country house and landscaped garden): 15 minutes
- Westonbury Mill Water Gardens (scenic gardens): 15 minutes
- Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre: 25 minutes
- Hereford (cathedral city with attractions including a distillery, shopping and museums): 35 minutes
- Water-break-its-neck (waterfall): 35 minutes
- Hay-on-Wye (market town with bookshops, galleries, castle and watersports on the river Wye): 35 minutes
- Ludlow Castle (8.5 miles)
- Stokesay Castle (12.0 miles)
- Witley Court & Gardens (English Heritage) (19.8 miles)
- Croft Castle and Parkland (1.9 miles)
- The Weir (12.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
Apple Tree Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Modifications are subject to a £5.00 fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 5 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Apple Tree Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Apple Tree Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Apple Tree Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Apple Tree Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Leominster (market town): 10 minutes’ drive - Croft Castle and Parkland (National Trust historic castle surrounded by woodland trails): 10 minutes - Ludlow (market town): 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Apple Tree Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Apple Tree Camping? From £15 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability