This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful back to basics site in the Peak District National Park
- Five minutes' drive from Tideswell and the Monsal Trail
- A 10-minute drive from Bakewell and 20 from the Chatsworth Estate
What a little Derbyshire gem: back to basics Whitehouse Farm Campsite is a simple site in a most scenic setting five minutes’ drive from the pretty village of Tideswell.
The site’s central location in the Peak District National Park means it’s a top spot for those who want to ramble or ride bikes – several circular trails leave from Tideswell and the traffic-free Monsal Trail is a five-minute drive away. And there’s plenty more activity if you require it too, as activity centres nearby can sort you out days of horse riding, abseiling, climbing and caving.
All this activity isn’t mandatory, of course – this is an equally fine location for days pottering off to local pubs, pigging out on pudding in Bakewell or taking a leisurely stroll around the Chatsworth Estate, 20 minutes away.
And if even that’s too much, you’d be welcome to spend some time loafing about on site: there’s heaps of space here, and as facilities have been kept quite minimal (just showers and toilets) there should be a good serving of peace and quiet to go with it all.
Guests are welcome to light up a barbecue or campfire for cookouts and keeping warm; Tideswell’s the place for supermarket supplies, and it’s also handily got a fish and chip shop and a couple of pubs for days when your firelighting skills aren't up to much.
Open from 16/09/2021 to 26/09/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Small site with basic facilities.
An excellent place to meet plenty of space great walks
Mr Steven W.Confirmed
Location to Monsal trail, friendly owner
10/10 spacious, peaceful & beautiful
Definirecommended this site, but go early for a garunteed space.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Bakewell Coach Stop
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Buxton: Market Place Coach Stop — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Meadowhead (Sheffield): Coach Stop — 11.2 miles
- Train stations
Grindleford Rail Station
— 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Hathersage Rail Station — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Bamford Rail Station — 4.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 53.3 miles
Sheffield City Airport
— 16.7 miles
16.7 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 23.2 miles
23.2 miles Manchester Airport — 23.4 miles
Boots and bikes at the ready – this is a frankly fab area for both ways of gadding about. Quiet lanes and footpaths await just outside the site, and there are hundreds more to explore around the national park. A popular pick is the Monsal Trail, a nine-mile traffic-free stretch along a disused railway line, steaming its way through cuttings and tunnels.
If you want to get up closer to the local limestone geology, an activity centre 15 minutes’ drive away can sort you with days of climbing, caving or abseiling. For an easier way to access the underground, take the 20-minute drive to the Blue John Cavern for a tour of the subterranean scenery.
Fuel whatever antics you’ve chosen with a trip to Bakewell, 10 minutes away, to feast on the famed local puddings and tarts. For more foodie treats, there’s a fine farm shop at the Chatsworth Estate, 20 minutes away, so it’s worth calling in there once you’ve had a tour of the house, wandered through the gorgeous gardens and/or let the nippers loose at the woodland playground.
- Chatsworth (5.9 miles)
- Haddon Hall (5.9 miles)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (13.0 miles)
- Winster Market House (9.7 miles)
- Lyme Park (14.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Whitehouse Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Whitehouse Farm Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Whitehouse Farm Campsite? Boots and bikes at the ready – this is a frankly fab area for both ways of gadding about. Quiet lanes and footpaths await just outside the site, and there are hundreds … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Whitehouse Farm Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.