This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- laid back, back to basics countryside site
- no pitch numbers just a grassy field with lots of space
- shop restaurant 300meters away, pub 2miles
Ours is a quiet site with beautiful sunsets, lots of birds, rabbits and trees. We are the closest site to the Shuttleworth collection which is 5 minutes by car.
We have two lovely fields which are flat hence we are open all year round. We put a lot of time into maintaining the fields and would ask that you help us look after them for everyone's enjoyment.
Our main field has a fresh water point, rubbish, recycling and Elsan point.
On the edge of the field is a little wooded area with a stream and there are various clumps of trees which give protection on windy days and some privacy.
Our site is in a great location, west facing on the edge of Biggleswade common. There is a farm shop 500m away and the RSPB headquarters is a 15 minute walk across the common. Biggleswade has all the supermarkets, while Potton is a lovely market town.
Fresh eggs from our happy hens are on sale, along with BBQ for hire and firewood for the evening.
Dogs are welcomed and cats are allowed but both must be kept on a lead at all times. We value our bird life as well as our ankles! Please make sure that you clean up after your animals
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Great Barford: Bedford Road Coach Stop
— 6.0 miles
6.0 miles Roxton (Beds): Bedford Road Coach Stop — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Wyboston: Great North Road A1 Coach Stop — 6.7 miles
- Train stations
Biggleswade Rail Station
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Sandy Rail Station — 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Arlesey Rail Station — 5.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Blackfriars Millennium Pier
— 41.4 miles
London Luton Airport
— 16.5 miles
16.5 miles Cambridge Airport — 19.2 miles
19.2 miles London Stansted Airport — 26.1 miles
RSPB - their headquatres is a 20 / 30 minute walk across the common land and up the hill.
Old Warden / Shuttleworth collection. We are the closest caravan / campsite to this famous aircraft collection and gardens.
Cambridge - 30 minute drive
London - 40 minutes by train
- RSPB The Lodge Nature Reserve (1.3 miles)
- The Shuttleworth Collection (3.5 miles)
- Wimpole Hall and Home Farm (8.7 miles)
- Wimpole Hall (8.6 miles)
- Wimpole Home Farm (8.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Turnpike Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Turnpike Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Turnpike Farm? RSPB - their headquatres is a 20 / 30 minute walk across the common land and up the hill. Old Warden / Shuttleworth collection. We are the closest caravan / campsite to … Read more