If you are the owner of this site, upgrade today to add more detail to this page and start taking bookings through Pitchup.com.
Somerset Yurts is a fantastic eco-friendly retreat nestled at Hill Farm in the beautiful Quantock Hills. Providing stunning accommodation, our yurts allow couples and families to get back to nature while enjoying a tranquil break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Nearby attractions and activities
Hestercombe Gardens are a short walk away across the fields from the yurt site, and offer an amazing collection of three gardens spanning three centuries of garden history and design.
Fyne Court is a nature reserve leased by the Somerset Wildlife Trust and is the headquarters for the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It’s ideal for walks and discovering a wide variety of habitats.
West Somerset Railway is a country branch line of the old Great Western Railway offering a nostalgic ride back in time around the gentle, rolling Quantock hills.
Exmoor National Park is truly one of Britain’s most breathtaking places. Wild landscapes meet soothing tranquillity, and you may even catch a glimpse of wild Red Deer or a native Exmoor Pony.
The North Somerset Coast has something for everyone. From picturesque towns and quaint harbours, to bustling marinas and busy seaside resorts all situated along a stunning stretch of coastline.
Gone are the days when every farm made its own special cider, but down in the Vale of Taunton Deane in Somerset’s very own Cider County, you’ll find one of the true Farmer Cider makers: Sheppy's of Bradford-on-Tone.
Found down the hill in the local village, just a stone's throw from the farm, The Monkton is warm and welcoming, offering fresh home cooking using local produce, at sensible prices. The Monkton is a popular place to eat and you'll usually need to book in advance. Ring 01823 412414 to make a booking.
Attractions near Somerset Yurts
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (11.8 miles)
- Clarks Village (15.2 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (16.6 miles)
- Fyne Court (2.1 miles)
- Coleridge Cottage (7.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Activities near Somerset Yurts
Battle of Sedgemoor, 1685 (7.6 miles) Battlefields
WEST SEDGEMOOR (INDICATIVE BOUNDARY ONLY) (7.7 miles) Birdwatching
Holford and the Quantocks (9.3 miles) Walking
Alas, no reviews yet . But reviews are brilliant - they help thousands of other people to find the right holiday. Be bold, be the first to review this site. It only takes a minute.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
No dogs allowed
Ordnance Survey maps (GB and Northern Ireland only) are available at lower levels via the drop-down menu.
- Coach stations
North Petherton (Somerset): Verriers Coach Stop — 3.3mi
Taunton Bus Station — 3.4mi
Bishops Lydeard: Lethbridge Arms Bus Stop — 5.1mi
- Train stations
Taunton Rail Station — 2.8mi
Bishop's Lydeard — 5.2mi
Bridgwater Rail Station — 6.0mi
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal — 6.8mi
Minehead Harbour — 20.3mi
Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 20.5mi
Cardiff International Airport — 26.1mi
Exeter International Airport — 27.2mi
Bristol International Airport — 27.6mi
For your Sat Nav: TA2 8LP
* Leave the M5 at Junction 25, head in the direction of Taunton.
* At the Creech Castle traffic lights take the right turn signposted A38 Bridgwater.
* Go past the Bathpool Inn on your right, cross the canal bridge and take the next left, a brown daisy tourist signpost reads 'Tacchi-Morris Arts centre' and 'Canalside'.
* Follow this road until it comes to a T-junction with the A3259. A petrol station no longer selling pertol will be on your left; turn right.
* Go past the Merry Monk on your right, take the next left, called Meadway,a brown daisy tourist signpost reads 'Hestercombe Gardens'. We're now only 2 miles away.
* Follow Meadway until a cross roads, go straight across - a white signpost directs you towards 'Broomfield'.
* Follow the road up the hill to another cross roads, go straight across - signpost directs you toward 'Broomfield'. Continue up the hill, the road levels off, then goes over another little brow - see a triangle of grass on your left with 5 large oak trees. Take the left, Somerset Yurts is on the left just before you reach the Farm.