Feather Down Farm Days (Aller Farm)Favourite
If you are the owner of this site, upgrade today to add more detail to this page and start taking bookings through Pitchup.com.
We've tried to make Aller feel extra cosy, and welcome you to nestle down and make yourselves at home on our Devonshire farm.
Our village is pretty as a picture too - its 17th century pub, the King's Arms, is just a short walk from the tents, though food lovers will want to stray further afield to Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Canteen and Deli in Axminster.
Nature’s riches are also on display right on your doorstep in the rolling Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the beaches of the Jurassic Coast, a paradise for fossil-hunters, are also only a 20-minute drive.
We provide maps of footpath walks from your tents and are happy to advise on which might be the best routes for you. The Blackdown Hills also hold regular events, from butterfly walks to mushroom foraging, details of which are available on their website. Escot Park has also delighted guests from age one to 61, and Dinosaurland Fossil Museum and The Donkey Sanctuary are both hits too.
Our boys love it when families with younger children stay and play, and will happily show new friends how to get up close to our 150 Friesians at milking time on our farm tour. Those that do will be awarded our special milking certificate. There are also plenty of ducks and free range laying hens, which means fresh eggs for breakfast.
For 2012 we’re introducing den-building kits, which are a perfect way to build yourself a woodland home here at Aller.
Nigel and Emma Parris
Nearby attractions and activities
• Lyme Regis, this little fishing town is a jewel along the coastline it’s got everything, lovely sandy beaches for sandcastles, rock pooling, fossil hunting. 20 minute drive.
• The town mill Bakery, Lyme Regis, one of our guests favourites for lunch, sitting on benches with homemade breads. 20 minute drive.
• Beer, our family favorite, pelle beach, tucked away in its own stunning little cove. The best place for a mackerel fishing trip. 30 minute drive.
• Branscombe , again a picturesque Devon village
• Charmouth, the fossil hunters paradise
• Escot, again another of our family favorites
• Pecorama, with the miniature train ride
• Donkey Sanctury, Sidmouth, free entrance
• Crealy Adventure Park, Exeter
• Axe Valley wildlife Park, Axminster
• Horse riding: Devenish Pitt riding School EX246EG or Sheldon riding Centre EX15 2JF, both 20 minute drive.
• Lots of things to do as well on wet days, details can be given by us on the farm.
• If you enjoy fossils or just love exploring then the Jurassic Coast is the place for you, its
England’s first natural World Heritage Site and packed with history and charm. The
coastline is full of beautiful places from the ever popular Lyme Regis (with some mouth
watering restaurants) to the picturesque fishing village of Beer.
• Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage HQ, Store and Canteen is located in the nearby town of Axminster. They also organize a range of events, such as ‘catch and cook with Hugh’ and various other courses.
Attractions near Feather Down Farm Days (Aller Farm)
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (8.6 miles)
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (13.1 miles)
- Mapperton House & Gardens (16.4 miles)
- Loughwood Meeting House (3.7 miles)
- Shute Barton (4.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Activities near Feather Down Farm Days (Aller Farm)
Colyton - River Coly - Parehayne Hill (6.8 miles) Walking
Thorncombe – Forde Abbey and the River Axe (8.0 miles) Walking
Champernhayes - Monkton Wyld - Wootton Fitzpaine (8.5 miles) Walking
Alas, no reviews yet . But reviews are brilliant - they help thousands of other people to find the right holiday. Be bold, be the first to review this site. It only takes a minute.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Leave the car at home
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Ordnance Survey maps (GB and Northern Ireland only) are available at lower levels via the drop-down menu.
- Coach stations
Ilminster: Market Square Coach Stop — 9.4mi
Seaton (Devon): Sea Front Bus Stop — 9.4mi
Wellington (Somerset): High Street Coach Stop — 11.7mi
- Train stations
Axminster Rail Station — 5.2mi
Honiton Rail Station — 5.8mi
Feniton Rail Station — 10.0mi
- Ferry ports
Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 20.3mi
Topsham Ferry Landing — 20.4mi
Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 20.5mi
Exeter International Airport — 16.8mi
Please note that your deposit paid to Pitchup.com is non-refundable.
Payment of balance
Cards accepted on the parkNone
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
Nearby sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com:
Andrewshayes Caravan Park
Axminster, Devon Show on map
|Electric grass pitch||unlimited x||From £17 per night|
|All-weather electric hardstanding pitch with astro turf||unlimited x||From £18 per night|
|Fully serviced all weather pitch||unlimited x||From £21 per night|
|Electric grass pitch for tourers and motorhomes only||unlimited x||No availability|
|Non-electric grass pitch||unlimited x||No availability|
Alpine Grove Touring Park
Chard, Somerset Show on mapLast booked 5 days, 9 hours ago
|Non-electric grass pitch||unlimited x||From £13.50 per night|
|Semi-serviced pitches (with electric hook-up)||unlimited x||From £18.50 per night|
|Two-bedroom lodge||5 x||From £256 per 3 nights|