Challaborough Bay Holiday ParkFavourite
If you are the owner of this site, upgrade today to add more detail to this page and start taking bookings through Pitchup.com.
Besides winning awards in the ‘Best UK Park Operator’ category at the British Travel Awards for 3 years in a row, you’ll find lots of great reasons to stay with Parkdean. In fact, in the last three years alone we’ve spent £33 million across our 24 parks, with £12 million spent in 2013, to make sure your Parkdean holiday experience is the best ever!
Challaborough Bay Holiday Park is situated in a quiet corner of Devon, set right on the edge of a glorious, sheltered Blue Flag beach. This beautiful area is credited as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with blue seas to paddle in, rugged paths to explore, tiny villages to discover and wonderful views across to historic Burgh Island. A perfect base for exploring the heritage coastline.
Awards: 4 Star Excellent Award from the English Tourist Board, Silver David Bellamy Conservation Award, Blue Flag Awards
Facilities and entertainment includes –
* Kids’ clubs with Sid & Lizzie for preschool – 10 year olds.
* Freestyle teen club for 10-15 year olds.
* Enjoy live family entertainment at Christie’s Bar and Clubhouse.
* Indoor pool complex with Splish Splash activities and toddlers’ pool.
* PADI Scuba diving in indoor pool.
* Gym with cross trainer, treadmill and multi-gym.
* Adventure play area with pirate ship.
* Direct access to Blue Flag beach and access to heritage coastal path for scenic walks.
* Waterfront Bar & Restaurant with an outdoor seating area and sea views.
* Christie’s Bar, Big Munch takeaway and ice cream kiosk.
* Free Wi-Fi in designated areas.
* Pet friendly accommodation.
* And much more!
New caravan holiday homes available for 2013!
Attractions near Challaborough Bay Holiday Park
- Dartmoor Zoological Park (9.3 miles)
- National Marine Aquarium (11.5 miles)
- Buckfast Abbey (15.1 miles)
- Overbeck's (6.9 miles)
- Wembury (8.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Activities near Challaborough Bay Holiday Park
Challaborough (0.1 miles) Beach - Excellent Water Quality Beaches
Ringmore - Kingston - Erme Estuary - Ayrmer Cove (0.4 miles) Walking
Ringmore Round (0.4 miles) Walking
Alas, no reviews yet . But reviews are brilliant - they help thousands of other people to find the right holiday. Be bold, be the first to review this site. It only takes a minute.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Horse riding nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Ordnance Survey maps (GB and Northern Ireland only) are available at lower levels via the drop-down menu.
- Coach stations
Kingsbridge (Devon) Bus Station — 5.4mi
Salcombe: Shadycombe Road Bus Stop — 6.7mi
Ivybridge: Leonard Rd Coach Stop — 6.9mi
- Train stations
Ivybridge Rail Station — 7.2mi
Plymouth Rail Station — 12.4mi
Devonport Rail Station — 13.5mi
- Ferry ports
Cockleridge Ham Ferry Landing — 1.3mi
Bantham Ferry Landing — 1.5mi
Kingsbridge Ferry Landing — 5.5mi
Plymouth City Airport — 13.1mi
1. Follow the M4/M5 to Exeter and then the A38 signed Torquay/Plymouth. Follow the A38 until signs for A3121 for Ermington and Modbury.
2. At Ermington take the A379 towards Modbury and Kingsbridge. Take right signed B3392 towards St. Anns Chapel and Challaborough.
3. At St. Anns Chapel turn sharp right at the Old Chapel Inn towards Challaborough Bay. Follow the signs all the way to the sea front.
1. Nearest station - Plymouth, approximately 17 miles.
2. Main lines - Bristol-Penzance via Plymouth.
For all train enquiries contact National Rail Enquiries on 0845 748 4950.
Nearby sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com:
Parkland Caravan and Camping Site
Kingsbridge, Devon Show on mapLast booked 3 hours ago
|Electric grass pitch||6 x||From £12 per night|
|Hardstanding electric pitch||6 x||From £13.50 per night|
|Electric super pitch||6 x||From £15 per night|
Mounts Farm Touring Park
Kingsbridge, Devon Show on map
|Non-electric grass tent pitch||unlimited x||From £15 per night|
|Electric grass pitch||unlimited x||From £18 per night|